Search This Blog

Saturday 20 August 2011

Random Facts About Yourself

Friday evenings travelling home on the bus from Burnley to Manchester can be very boring indeed. I usually amuse myself by day-dreaming of taking control of the worlds courgette markets or similar, but mostly it is an obsessive commenting on peoples postings on Facebook or Twitter. However last night I decided to do something slightly different.

I asked all of my friends on text to tell me a random fact about themselves. Once I arrived home I continued this on Facebook and Twitter. The results of which are below - with visual representations - some are random, some are fears and phobias we all suffer from and some are just plain odd.

Anyway enjoy:

Random Facts About Yourself:

1) I am ambidextrous

2) I have eaten chicken korma on the 25th December every year – for 27 years...

3) I love getting my feet tickled

4) I once had eight tattoos but I have only seven now

5) In 1978 I was the tallest baby born, on record, at Johannesburg general hospital

6) I'm scared of escalators that go down, I stand at the top tapping my foot like a horse counting out numbers

7) I cannot send texts (sent in a text)

8) I have a twisted leg that makes me fall over if I walk fast, but not if I run


9) Sometimes when people eat boil sweets and have false teeth the sound makes me want to fall asleep

10)I’m thinking of becoming Jewish




11) I don’t like beans and egg together

12) I was once mistaken for an armed robber, who it turns out was in fact a one armed man. So he was strictly speaking an arm robber. It turns out he had been previously convicted of stealing prophetic limbs from a hospital, so in more than one way he was an arm robber














13) I once sat on an ants nest and got ants in my pants – I was three years old


14) I lived with a man for five years who was scared of cutlery and buttons. All we ate with were plastic picnic forks and my wardrobe was edited


15) My feet haven't grown since I was 11


16) I like to pick my nose while texting


17) I auditioned for to become a kids TV presenter


18) My son picks his nose because he’s watched me do it as he has grown up


19) A friend texts me random things quite often


20) I was born the exact time the clocks go back. The midwife couldn't work out what time to put on the certificate


21) I have put a bet on the football game for Saturday – but it is for my team to lose


22) I have been on Newsnight


23) I have a slightly twisted spine


24) I once fell and fractured my arm trying to climb in through the family car window like the dukes of hazard – I was 6 years old


25) I am wearing the second dental brace of my adult life


26) I had an imagery friend (until I was about 5) called Sherlock and I can still picture exactly what he looked like


27) Every time I move house I have to plan my living room ready for the Christmas tree


28) I was born with a trigger thumb. It was at permanent right angle and if I lifted it, it 'triggered' straight back down. Mum and dad didn't notice till I was 4!


29) I went to school with one of the London suicide bombers. He sat next to me in English


30) I love you



















Many thanks to all who offered their random facts about themselves. Quite literally a random blog post...
What's next then????

No comments:

Post a Comment